Thinking of trying a career in the aviation industry? Well if you don’t want to waste years in studying and training then air hostess seems to be the perfect option for you! It is said that domestic airlines pay are quite less, but when compared to other jobs the pay is very good. Also if you want you can easily try for the international ones too.
Can Air Hostess Marry?
Yes, an air hostess usually is allowed to get married and they are bound to serve the company for at least 4 years. An air hostess is not allowed to get pregnant after getting married and if she gets pregnant she is forced to resign from the company.
- Contract Details & Salary of Air Hostess in Emirates
- How Much is Cabin Crew Salary in Jet Airways
- How Much is the Cabin Crew Salary in Qatar Airways
Here’s what you need to keep in mind!
There are many air hostess problems that are faced by these girls during their service period and have to overcome it. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- They have a duty of usually 12 to 14 hours, and it can also be extended if they go on an international flight. The hostess can be called up anytime by the company for going on the flight.
- Air Hostesses need to live at the nearby airport area because they have to be present within a very short distance for all the short flights and can be called up for the duty anytime. Usually when they go for long flights the airline company bears the charge for them to live in hotel and meals. So you don’t have to worry about accommodation costs.
- Air hostess are bound to work in some confined areas of the airplane, and most of them tend to get fatigued during the long flights by standing and moving the cart.
- You may also face too much emotional stress as you will have to handle various types of passengers. Most air hostesses usually lack sleep and rest which make them feel more depressed and tired.
Pregnancy, leave, and the alternatives!
Can air hostess get pregnant?
Well,there are some aviation companies that are totally clear with their policy that if an air hostess gets pregnant, she has to resign from the company. While on the other hands there are some airline companies which provide maternity leave to the females for their pregnancy period and get to work back after their maternity leave. If your company allows, you can even work as ground staff during your pregnancy.
This option of choosing the air hostess career can be a wise choice if you love travelling, want lucrative remuneration, can travel at a short notice and have no issue with staying away from family frequently. The candidate applying for the course of air hostess must have passed 10+2 and know languages such as English, Spanish and French as well. There is a bar of minimum height and weight which shall be proportional according to the height of air hostess.
Air Hostess Career : A checklist for all the young & beautiful aspirants
There are various attributes and skills that are known to be essential air hostess requirements.
- Good Physique
- Positive Attitude
- Team Spirit
- Pleasant Voice
- Sense of Humour
- Positive Attitude
- Presence of Mind Initiative
- Pleasing Personality
- Systematic Approach towards Duty
- Good Appearance
In India there are three types of air hostess courses available for you to build a career in this industry:
- Certification of Air Hostess Training
- Flight Purser Certification
- Certification of Airlines Hospitality
- Certification in Airlines Passenger Service
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
Air Hostess Degree Courses
- B.Sc in Air Hostess Training
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
What qualifications are needed to be an air hostess?
- The relevant academic qualifications
- She should be above 18 years of age
- Qualify the Height and Weight Restrictions
Worried about air hostess retirement?
Usually, the airlines companies state 45 years as the air hostess retirement age. But no worries the air hostess salary for domestic flights is up to Rs 25 to 50 thousand or $ 284.15 to $ 710.38. So you can imagine how much you will be earning on international flights. The remuneration and a multitude of benefits offered kind of compensates for the early retirement!