Diversity Advancement Program Scholarship is a scholarship program initiated by NAAB and it is for those who choose architecture as their dream career. This scholarship program is to promote the involvement and interest of students in the architecture.
Education today is a major concern whether it is a middle class family or the elite ones. Perpetually it is today the most profitable business also. Being a student and a parent it is most difficult to choose a college academically and economically best.
Being so much add on benefits by our Government education still today is a dream for many.
Generally an average middle class family board a scholarship on the basis of their merit, minority, loans, competitive exams etc.
In the trend of doctor & engineer funding, government itself and their bodies do cater a campaign or schemes for other streams and their respective under grad & grad programs students also under which maximum possible students who deserves to get the best must get all the amenities and the education they use to be.
This multiyear scholarship’s funding ranges from $20,000 to $50,000 or more.
This scholarship helps in various students in their own various ways :
- To help minor students to seek their career in architecture.
- To help a high school student to enroll in a full time and trusted NAAB Accredited college for their full tie degree program.
NAAB Accredited architecture degree may be a 5 year full time degree program in which scholarship can be renewed after every 5 years.
This scholarship was created with a grant initiated by the Ford Foundation after Whitney Young Jr. gave a challenge to all the architects to create more sustainable & more responsible field.
Diversity Advancement Program Scholarship- Basic Eligibility
- Must be an undergrad or grad student.
- Must have completed and attended any previous four or two year college.
- GPA must be 3.0
- US citizenship is must required.
How to Apply For Diversity Advancement Program Scholarship
You can apply for this scholarship program from January 17, 2020.
Applicants need to submit
- A essay with 1200 words, which includes your story and journey related to Architecture.
- Recommendation letters.
- A good professional resume.
To Know more about this Scholarship, visit its official website www.architectsfoundation.org
Click Here to apply now
What is NAAB?
National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) is an accrediting agency founded in 1940 in United States of America that accredits all the architectural degrees. NAAB sets certain standards which has to be followed or obeyed by everyone including the institution, professors, students, mentors etc.
How accreditation is decided?
Accreditation is simply a procedure or standard that evaluates the colleges, universities or certain educational programs based on improvement and quality.
Basically there are four main pillars of evaluating and forming an accreditation :
- This procedure is carried out by a non-biased, non profit organization.
- A self judging report has to be prepared by the institution itself.
- The boarding, lodging, visiting arrangement of the accrediting team will be officially hosted by the institution that is every nook of the arrangement will be under the scope of concerning institution or university.
- Trained peers evaluate everything.
Procedure of accreditation
Accreditation isn’t an easy task to sum up. It involves a certain evaluation cycle that ranges from one year to eight year based upon the university following the norms and certain standards.
Sometimes colleges or university doesn’t stand upto the mark in terms of quality of education, ambience, food, amenities, sanitation etc. Let’s have a look at the procedures of this accreditation in detail.
- Self Study : Self study is the self evaluating procedure initiated by NAAB & every institution that seeks NAAB accreditation has to go through this first process so as to judge themselves and atleast find their cons or atleast what betterment they see in their institution so as to make I more efficient and student as well system friendly.
This self study is based on the NAAB Procedures and Conditions of Architectural Accreditation.
- Panel Review : A trained, experienced and group of panel is appointed to review and submit their report on every point and rate them accordingly. Various points are considered within this long process of evaluation, from campus to basic amenities, canteen and food quality, education resources, library, professors and their degrees, technology the institution is using, students placement criteria and its subsequent ration and percentage etc.
One thing is to be noted that all arrangements of the peer panel has to be done by the respective college, university seeking for accreditation from boarding and lodging to all the basic needs as per them. Review & site visits is carried out by a team of educationists, professors, practitioners, students who actively work after college completes its self evaluates itself and they also review this self review report. This team could also include common people who possess interest in architecture.
- Report preparation by visiting team : The visiting team at this point prepares their report of what concerns they felt, where their expectations met and where they felt some flaws and also they have to make the root causes of these flaws and their solutions as well and finally accredit the university on few points. These ratings plays an important part in the final reviewing.
- Review by NAAB Board : Based on the visiting team review, the directors of NAAB board review the existing accreditations, ongoing accreditations of a program, reject or oppose an accreditations etc. and this cycle could last for around eight years.
List of NAAB Accredit colleges / universities in USA :
- Academy of Art University
- Southern California Institute of Architecture
- California Baptist University
- University of California, Berkeley
- California College of the Arts
- Princeton University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- University of Virginia-Main Campus
- Rice University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Harvard University
- Texas A & M University-College Station
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus
- University of Washington-Seattle Campus
- University of Florida
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Woodbury University—Burbank
- New School of Architecture and Design
Choosing architecture is your choice certainly, maybe you choose it by your interest or to explore something new. You choose this stream which is solely based on imagination and one must enroll himself in such scholarships to fulfill their dream career.
For any question or query email at [email protected]