Kroger is an American retail MNC headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is the fifth highest retailer company in the world. Every year Kroger offers scholarship to the students residing in all the Kroger retail store locations. The Kroger Scholarship provides is only a merit based scholarship.
Big multinational companies are involving themselves in various sectors apart from their mainstream field. Education is one of the most common sector for these companies as they also get some reimbursement from the government too if they work in this field.
Big companies such as Coca Cola, Burger King and even Walmart offers scholarships to bright, young and igniting minds. One of such scholarship is provided by retail giant Kroger Company.
This scholarship is only restricted to the black race of America and therefore no white American can apply to this scholarship.
And is only open for colleges which are member of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) , also known as the United Fund which is the biggest minority education organization of America and helps more than 60,000 black Americans to attend colleges.
Member Colleges of United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
There are a total of 37 colleges where you can apply with Kroger Scholarship. These colleges are:
- Allen University (Columbia, SC)
- Benedict College (Columbia, SC)
- Bennett College (Greensboro, NC)
- Bethune-Cookman University (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Claflin University (Orangeburg, SC)
- Clark Atlanta University (Atlanta, GA)
- Dillard University (New Orleans, LA)
- Edward Waters College (Jacksonville, FL)
- Fisk University (Nashville, TN)
- Florida Memorial University (Miami Gardens, FL)
- Huston-Tillotson University (Austin, TX)
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Jarvis Christian College (Hawkins, TX)
- Johnson C. Smith University (Charlotte, NC)
- Lane College (Jackson, TN)
- LeMoyne-Owen College (Memphis, TN)
- Livingstone College (Salisbury, NC)
- Miles College (Fairfield, AL)
- Morehouse College (Atlanta, GA)
- Morris College (Sumter, SC)
- Oakwood University (Huntsville, AL)
- Paine College (Augusta, GA)
- Philander Smith College (Little Rock, AR)
- Rust College (Holly Springs, MS)
- Saint Augustine’s University (Raleigh, NC)
- Shaw University (Raleigh, NC)
- Spelman College (Atlanta, GA)
- Stillman College (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Talladega College (Talladega, AL)
- Texas College (Tyler, TX)
- Tougaloo College (Tougaloo, MS)
- Tuskegee University (Tuskegee, AL)
- Virginia Union University (Richmond, VA)
- Voorhees College (Denmark, SC)
- Wilberforce University (Wilberforce, OH)
- Wiley College (Marshall, TX)
- Xavier University of Louisiana (New Orleans, LA)
Kroger Scholars Program 2019
Like every year Kroger also announced its Kroger Freshman scholarship program in the year 2019. The deadline to apply for the union scholarship was 30th June 2019. Kroger offered the scholarship reward up to 2500 USD in 2019.
Kroger Scholars Program 2020
Kroger Scholars Program is back this year too for providing scholarship to the minority students of United States living in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and Tennessee. These are the regions where Kroger’s retail store available.
Deadline for Kroger Scholarship Program 2020
To apply click here before the deadline.
The deadline for applying is 31st December 2020.
Kroger Foundation has not disclosed the amount of minimum reward they will be giving this year.
But they have raised the maximum amount to 5000 USD this year, so buckle up guys and start applying fast.
Eligibility Criteria For Kroger Scholarship
This scholarship program is there for the high school seniors only.
Eligibility Criteria for Kroger Freshman Scholarship are:
- Your minimum percentage in academics till now must be 50%.
- ACT – between 23 and 1000.
If you are cleared with above two selection criteria and also clear the selection process then you will be eligible for 1000 USD scholarship reward immediately.
Kroger Michigan Scholarship
This scholarship is only for the students residing near Michigan.
Students with GPA higher than 2.5 can apply for this scholarship.
If you get selected then you will be eligible for 4500 USD scholarship reward. And students can only apply to colleges which are members of United Negro College Fund (UNCF), whose list is discussed previously with you.