It was her wife Nancy who could not conceive, this loving husband decided to take her fate on his own hand. After hours of research and hard battle with his acquaintances, the loving husband decided to become pregnant through artificial insemination in 2007.
Thomas Trace Beatie is a professional public speaker, author and advocates gender rights and various issues of sexuality. His life has been quite interesting because even when he was a teenager, he was assigned female model and was even crowned as Miss Teen Hawaii USA pageant runner-up. So somewhere there was a female instinct inside Beatie, a lady-like sex appeal.
At the age of 23, Beatie started testosterone hormone treatment, because he actually wanted to live like a man.
It was in 2002, Beatie went through sex reassignment surgery which is considered to be the deadliest surgery in the world.
The later year, he got married to Nancy Gillespie, and the duo shifted to Oregon. Well, you can read a lot about him in his authored book Thomas Beatie-Labour of Love: Is society ready for this pregnant husband? “The Advocate.
Also, you could find a detailed article on his life on Wikipedia.
But here we are listing some exciting facts about The Pregnant Man.
- The technology behind was basically artificially insemination with cryogenic donated sperm. This enabled him to give birth to three children (between 2008 to 2012).
- Unfortunately, the couple filed divorce and even the court was confused on making a hearing since this was the first of it’s kind on the record.
- Thomas Beatie is a highly educated man, with bachelor’s degree in health science, and an executive MBA.
- He became famous overnight and was in high demand by media of every country. After becoming a so-called Pregnant Celebrity, he was seen in many reputable T.V. shows and interviews.
” I have a very stable male gender indentiy. I see pregnancy as a process and it doesn’t define who i am. It’s not a male or female desire to want to have a child—it’s a human desire… I’m a person, and I have the right to have my own biological child.”
- Thomas has also been mentioned in the Guinness book of world records 2010, as ” Worlds First Married Man To Give Birth “.
- His surgical journey was performed by specialist surgeon Marci Bowers who is a trams gen ender male.
Well, Thomas Beatie is one of the rarest things that happens once in thousand years. Even the Popular People
The magazine defines him as a Pop Culture Icon: 1000 Greatest Moments 1974- 2011. Besides this, a documentary was made named ( Pregnant Man ) in 2008 which was the highest rated show for the year 2008.