The Region bank scholarship 2020 is being held again this year in celebration of the Black Month.
Scholarships are awarded by the Regions bank every year to African American students who, through their story, tell the stories of African-American individuals who have inspired them to be their best.
The foundation has organized a regions riding forward scholarship essay contest 2020 and is looking forward to reading some eyeopening and truly moving stories of young writers.
If you can write an exceptional piece about an American-African, you can quite easily be picked as one of the recipients for the prestigious region scholarship 2020.
Region awards the scholarships to 15 American-African high school students and college students every year.
The foundation in total as given out 1 million dollars worth scholarships to American-African students all over the state.
The bank scholarship program was founded to help bring the American-African community forward and help the young talents of the community finish their schooling and opt for higher studies in one of the universities of the united states of America.
The program helps nurture the young talents of the community and gives them a push in the right direction to achieve their goals like their idols, who inspired them to do the same.
Regions scholarship 2019-2020 has brought to the forefront many talented writers who went to win 5000 dollars!
Region scholarship requirements
The eligibility criteria differ for high school students and college students,
High school students
- Applicants have to be 13 years old or older.
- You are attending the last year of high school.
- You hold legal US citizenship.
- The minimum GPA required is 2.0.
- The applicant will be applying for college in the year 2020-2021.
- Applicants have to be a legal US citizen.
- Applicants have to be 16 years or older.
- The minimum GPA required is 2.0.
- The applicant is currently college full-time and has one year left before graduation.
Click Here for more.
What is included in the Region Bank scholarship program?
The scholarship program includes prize money of 5000 dollars for high school seniors and prize money of 3500 dollars for college students.
The scholarship program is only for those students who wish to pursue higher education in one of the colleges or universities with region branches in the USA in the year 2020-2021 and for those who are currently attending college.
The selection of essays lies entirely in the hands of the judges. All the winners will receive their scholarship checks by the end of July 2020.
Read Also: UPS Scholarship 2020- Apply Now- USPAACC
How to enter the black history month essay contest?
The essay content will start accepting submission from January 21, 2020.
- Fill an online application at the official website of the regions scholarship essay content here www.regions.com
- Make sure that you save all the information that you have provided on the website.
- Write a 500 words essay about an individual of American-African origin who inspires. Write about he or she has impacted your life and her contributions and achievements.
- You can write about whoever you want, it can be one of your siblings, or it can also be someone famous.
- You can write your essay on the application, or you can copy-paste it in the ‘write your essay’ area on the firm.
- Before submitting your essay, read the Contest Judging criteria and How to Enter, to make sure that your essay ticks all the right boxes.
- Proofread your essay before submitting, Your essay should not have any errors and then click submit.
- Wait for further notifications.
Regions riding forward scholarships winners 2019 announcement
Here are the winners of last year-
High school region bank scholarship winners 2019
- Christian E
- Shawin K
- Joshua S
- Timothy O
- Olivia B
- Lane D
- Joel O
- Ian E
- Sophie H
- Josie W
- Elizabeth B
- Katianna D
- Evan K
- Natizia B
- Shivani R
College students region scholarship 2019 winners
- Emmanuel M
- Amber P
- Byron L
- D’Andre H
- Dwayne L
- Jada B
- Kasja H
- Keaira W
- Kiyah S
- Mya A
- Nathan J
- Nia R
- Nikeerra B
- Tae’ler P
Apply to the essay contest before the deadline and make sure you check the website from time to time for further updates.