Booking Time And Where To Book The Tatkal Tickets?
Here is the details on tatkal waiting list cancellation charges 2018 and 2019 and waiting list e ticket automatic cancellation refund process.
RAC Or Tatkal Waiting List Tickets Cancellation And Refund Policy
No refunds are processed thereafter.
The Deduction as clerkage charges are :
- ₹ 30/- per head in 2S Class
- ₹ 60/- per head in SL Class
- ₹ 60 + GST = ₹ 65/- per head in all other Classes
So for RAC or waitlisted tatkal tickets, if the emergency has been dealt with and you no longer need to make this journey you can cancel RAC tatkal tickets and receive a refund although a minimal clerkage of Rs. 60 will be deducted from it.
Unlike standard tickets which can be canceled and you can get a refund after deduction of cancellation charges, confirmed tatkal tickets are not eligible for any refund. So once you cancel a confirmed tatkal ticket, there is no way for you to get your money back. Not even filing a TDR will help. But there are certain conditions under which IRCTC makes passengers eligible for refunds.
So for tatkal tickets, you have to wait for your tickets to be confirmed until then you have to check the status of your ticket constantly.
Tatkal Tickets Timing 2018 – 2019
Booking of tatkal tickets starts at 10 and 11 AM sharp for AC and non-AC classes, respectively. Now you can book tatkal tickets from the IRCTC website online or choose to go the old route and book a tatkal ticket from the railway counter or through an agent. If you have an e-ticket, then you cannot have the ticket canceled at the railway counters and get a refund. E-ticket can strictly be canceled online from the IRCTC website.
Conditions Needed For Getting IRCTC Refunds
- You have been given accommodation to a lower class than the one you booked, and you refuse to travel in the lower class.
- You were accommodated to a different coach but the coach was not attached to the train, and you had to travel in a different coach and some other lower class.
- If your boarding point and originating journey point of the train is different and the train is 3 hours late to the origin point of the journey, IRCTC takes full responsibility.
- You are not aware of the diversion on the train route, and after your tickets are confirmed you get to know about the deviation, and you refuse to travel on the train.
- Due to the detour, you’re boarding point and destination does not fall on the diverted route of the train, so you opt to travel in a different train.
Tatkal tickets cost more than your average ticket fee because you are charged an additional fee along with the usual fare for being on short notice. It is the reason why as the date to the scheduled departure of the train comes nearer there is a hike in the prices of the tickets as more seats, or berths get reserved. An average person hence to save money prefers to book train tickets a month or two before the journey. Sometimes tickets are booked 4-5 months in advance during the peak holiday season.
But, sometimes it so happens that due to an emergency you may be required to take on a journey at short notice. It is when you have no choice but to buy Tatkal tickets and wait for your tickets to be confirmed.