In the current scenario of increasing heated competition one must ensure themselves to be secure for a long time when it comes to job and salary both. Engineering is considered as one of the most secure to study and to grab a job from and one of the core branches is Mechanical Engineering.
To get a good college to pursue Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering stream is a challenge for most of the students and after completing this challenge most of them upfront themselves for a Master’s Degree.
Master is Mechanical is either can be done from M. Tech or MS from abroad programme through cracking Graduate Records Examination (GRE) and its best for pursuing Masters or Doctorate abroad.
Although students always seek for USA for pursuing Masters in Mechanical Engineering but there are numerous reasons to choose Germany over USA
Why Germany is better than USA for MS in Mechanical Engineering?
Germany is a hub of Engineering Universities that set the global standards among the top Engineering Universities of the World. Let’s see the brief discussions and points:
- Currently 39% of the total Engineering Students are studying in Germany itself and this percentage is gradually increasing every year.
- Germany Engineering Universities do cooperate and tie up with numerous industrial companies so that students not only get theoretical but practical skills knowledge.
- Institutes in Germany also arrange various industrial on job training and seminars so that students analyse both theoretical and ground level knowledge about the companies.
- These seminars and training will make you pre-ready before entering into the real industrial world.
- Most important factor that comes in mind is that how much cost that is going to incur when we enroll into a Germany’s Engineering University.
- On an average the cost incurred in Germany is Euro 10 ,000 to Euro 15,000 which includes rent, tuition fees, food etc. which is comparatively around Euro 30,000 to Euro 50,000 in USA.
- To get a Permanent Visa or Green card is a tedious and lengthy process whereas in Germany one can easily get permanent residency.
- Mechanical Engineers in Germany are the highest paid engineers that we have ever seen. On an average they used to earn € 40,000 to €50,000.
- Living in Germany is quite cheaper.
- You will get English professors even in top notch German engineering schools.
- Various scholarship programmes have regularly been initiated within and out of the college. These scholarships divide and share your tuition fees, even your monthly living cost. Deutschlandstipendium is the most popular scholarship programme in Germany.
Hence we came to know that not only living in Germany for quite a long time but in campuses and off campuses you will get much more practical skills and exposure than US.
Read Also: Announcing Region Bank scholarship 2020-2021
Eligibility Criteria to get selected in Top Universities in Germany
Once you wish to enroll in a university the first thing that you step into is eligibility and to fulfill the eligibility is another challenge. To ensure enrolling successful in a top university, one must ensure to have :
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed college or university : You need to ensure that the degree you have must be from a reputed engineering university or college and if it is not then also university gives you a chance to attend the college for a pre-masters and then you can jump to first year after passing an examination.
- Certificate of Grade : As per university norms they require at least a GPA of 3.0 to ensure your enrollment.
- Communication Skills & Language Proficiency :
Although many countries have adopted English globally but yet Germany don’t want their German to be downgraded hence they must need at least Level 2 grade German proficiency for which they provide all the resources and training and test your learning through Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaf) and Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH)
- Letter of Motivation: A letter to describe about your personal competence and interest about why you chose Mechanical Engineering and what drives you to keep on having this in your life.
Application Procedure :
- Application for MS in Mechanical Engineering in Germany can be submitted in online by an online application form or through post.
- All the documents that need to be uploaded must be uploaded very carefully and only in JPEG or PDF format.
- Can be applied in Mid of July or Mid of January for their semester that are going to start in Winter.
Best Universities for Pursuing MS in Mechanical Engineering in Germany
Below is the list all the prominent and promising universities for pursuing MS from a reputed engineering colleges or universities in Germany.
- Technical University of Munich
- RWTH Aachen University
- Technical University of Berlin
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Darmstadt University of Technology
- TU Dresden
- University of Regensburg
- Albstadt-Sigmaringen University
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Universität Konstanz
- Johannes Gutenberg University
- Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Braunschweig University of Technology
- University of Cologne
- Leipzig University
- University of Rostock
- Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
- Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Augsburg
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences
- Reutlingen University
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich
- Humboldt University Berlin
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Ohio War Orphans Scholarship 2020- Apply Now
- American Indian Services – AIS Scholarship 2020 – Apply Now
Top 5 Universities in Germany for Mechanical Engineering
Out of the above listed universities let’s start a brief discussion about the top five universities of Germany which are most popular there in their aspects.
RWTH Aachen University
Broadly expanded as Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen University is widely popular in between local students and the students who come from different parts of the world to learn something and to take with them something fruitful.
In last winter enrollments around 46 thousand students got enrolled in the university out of which around 140 were from other countries.
The university provides Masters in General Mechanical Engineering .
2. Technical University of Munich
The faculty here at this college is considered as amongst the best in class that adopt various new and practical method to help in understanding various aspects of engineering thus developing their own set of knowledge and skills. BSc & MSc. in Mechanical Engineering is been provided in this university.
3. University of Stuttgart
This university is well focused on training and seminars to promote the on ground skills and qualitative approach. Going through first two semesters students are allowed to choose any two specializations from forty. This university provides Master of Science in Microtechnology, Device Technology, Technical optics, Materials and Production, Product Development, Metrology etc.
4. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
This university diversify the language of learning and one of their specialization is designed for Non-German speaking students who get enrolled in the university.
5. Braunschweig University of Technology
This university basically based on certain set of goals and proceed accordingly. They represent their university as one of the top rank university and that surely has a reason. Student can choose their area of interest and specialisation from five different set of streams such as Material Science, Automobile, Production Technology, Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics.
Our final take :
Although there are numerous reasons to choose other countries over Germany but there are some reasons which can’t be overlooked such as high standard of living, world class faculty, practical learning approach, low cost tuition fees, easy permanent citizenship and global engineering pioneer colleges and universities in Germany.
The only thing that bothers is the language that is German but that too gets sorted because almost in every university there is English speaking faculty available and there is a freedom of choosing from whom a student wanted to study.