United States of America has been working towards the quality and betterment of education from the past century. Being the strongest country in the world, if you want to become the unbeatable superpower you need to strengthen the base of your education.
There are many foundations working for the America’s education. Some of these foundations are directly controlled by the government of United States, whereas others are either nongovernmental organizations or are controlled by some educational foundations.
One of such educational foundation is The US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC-EF), who come up with its most popular scholarship is ups scholarship 2020.
USPAACC is an organization which organizes various scholarship programs for the students of United States. USPAACC was established in the year 1984 for all the Asian Americans.
It has helped various students to get into their dream colleges whose fees was unaffordable for them in the field of business, sciences, the arts, sports, education, public and community services.
The members of USPAACC are from following Asian heritages:
- Hong Kong
USPAACC has invested over 2 millions USD in the scholarships from the year 1989. Many industries have joined hands with USPAACC and have helped them in this noble cause.
Many Asian American businesses have also invested in USPAACC for continuing the same work for their community.
USPAACC receives more than 2500 applications every year for the students. It provides more than 45000 USD worth of scholarships every year.
Last year i.e. in 2019 it gave away 10 scholarships. In the same year it got 8 sponsors for providing scholarships.
USPAACC has claimed to give away 10 to 20 scholarships in 2020. And every scholarship will be ranging from 3000 USD to 5000 USD.
Among various scholarship programs one of the most popular one is UPS Scholarship. This will provide two scholarships to young American Asians. The amount of scholarship varies from 2500 USD to 5000 USD.
The complete amount will only be paid to the college of the student winning the scholarship and will help the student in his tuition fees.
The scholarship is only valid for full time courses and also the course must not be an online course.
Eligibility Criteria for UPS Scholarship
- The age of the student must be greater than 16 years at the time of the application.
- The student must be a high school senior.
- The student must be a citizen of United States of America or he must be a permanent resident of the United States.
- The student must have enrolled in a full time study course in any authorized educational institute which takes place after secondary education.
- The student must be involved in some kind of community service work.
- The student must be involved in some kind of extracurricular activity.
- The student must be of Asian Pacific Island/Pan-Asian American heritage. That is his heritage must be from one of the 15 countries listed above.
- The student must have a grade point average of more than or equal to 3.3.
- The student must not have applied for more than 5 scholarships by USPAACC for which they are qualified. A student can only apply in up to five scholarships by USPAACC.
If the student is fulfilling all the above requirements then he can apply for the UPS scholarship but that also not guarantees his application’s selection.
Thousands of students apply for this scholarship. So the applicant must demonstrate some kind of financial crisis or need so that the organization must feel that the student asking for the scholarship is genuinely in need of it.
UPS Scholarship- How to Apply
Applications are already available on the official website of the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC-EF).
The application must be completely filled and must be submitted along with the following documents:
- A 2 inch by 2 inch photograph must be stapled on the top right hand corner of the application.
- High school transcripts signifying the past two years of academic framework of the student.
- A copy of most recent household tax return signed by taxpayer(s) and it must include the applicant’s name and social security number and a statement of the actual household income along with the signature of taxpayer.
- A letter of recommendation from high school and it must be in sealed envelopes.
- Another letter of recommendation from a community service organization and it must be in sealed envelopes.
- And other information on proposed postsecondary course of study (major) and associated costs (tuition/room/board) for one university for which the applicant is applying.
To reach the official Link of the scholarship Click Here
Apart from all these documents the student must submit an essay on the topic “Why should I be awarded this scholarship?”.
The word limit of the essay must not exceed 500 words. And the essay must be signed by the applicant and his or her guidance counsellor. This essay might be an important factor in the selection of application, so the student must write this essay properly.
Deadline for submission of the Application
27th March 2020, Friday.
Please make a note that if a student is submitting multiple applications for multiple scholarships as a student can apply for up to 5 scholarship of USPAACC, then all the applications must be submitted in separate envelopes. If all the applications are submitted in a single envelope then none of them will be considered.
UPS Scholarship- Selection of Applications
As discussed earlier all students must demonstrate financial crisis or need since the number of applicants for this application is higher.
And among all these applications the Scholarship Committee of USPAACC will shortlist the students and the shortlisted candidates will be informed of the decision by mid April. Scholarship recipients are required to attend CelebrAsian Procurement Conference.
All the cost of the travel and hotel will be handled by the Scholarship Committee of USPAACC for the scholarship recipients.
Read Also: Youth Forward Scholarship 2020 – Apply Now